Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tommy Launches Tommy


It was announced today that Tommy Hilfiger is expanding his brand with a new "lifestyle" clothing concept geared towards twentysomething men and women. It will move away from his preppy aesthetic for a more vintage and contemporary feel. The clothing will not be available stateside until next year when Tommy.com will launch. If you're Canadian and love Mr. Hilfiger, you're in luck, the collection will roll out to stores in Toronto and Edmonton come October.

Now call me crazy, but isn't Tommy Hilfiger an iconic American brand? Are his logo's colors not comprised of the same colors as Old Glory herself? Why, oh please tell me why, would he launch a new line in Canada? I know, I know, they neighbor our country, they are part of the North American continent, but it seems to be a little strange to me to put this new line somewhere outside of the U.S. These questions could potentially be self serving because for the first time since I got Tommy Girl perfume for Christmas in the 5th grade, am I intrigued by something the Tommy Hilfiger brand is up to.

Perhaps I shall ask Tommy himself when he comes to Macy's San Francisco this fall to promote his not so young and edgy Fall Ready To Wear Collection (shameless plug for event attendance... my apologies). Stay tuned for more event info and a chance to meet Tommy at Macy's. If you don't want to meet him, perhaps you can come and protest that his more relevant clothing line come to the US before it crosses the boarder to Canada...

No comments:

Post a Comment