Saturday, July 17, 2010

Forever 21 Jumps On The Bandwagon



The above mentioned bandwagon being a designer collaboration that is...

Among the likes of H&M, Macy's, and my personal favorite, Taget, Forever21 has joined forces with a designer mastermind in efforts to increase sales and traffic in their stores. Forever21 has partnered with Brian Licthenberg for a 12 piece collection that will hit stores in August. Forever21's collaborative series is a bit controversial seeing as in the past they have been sued by Anna Sui, Anthropologie and Ms. Von Furstenberg herself (which come to think of it, those are three of my very favorite designers/places to shop... so good on them for taking a stand!) for copyright infringement.

The line will consist mainly of graphic t-shirts and tank tops that run around $15 each. While I am very well aware that I won't be amongst the crazed fans who line up hours before the store opens to get my hands on said graphic T's, I will say I am happy for XXI and their efforts to make their clothes original and give credit where credit is due. I cannot tell you how many times I have been running around town in one of my favorite dresses/tops/shoes when someone on the street says, "oh so cute! Forever21, right?" (Ok, that is I lie. I can tell you exactly how many times, 3, because I was so offended - not to the person's fault - when asked and mortified that my dear friends Marc Jacobs/Tory Burch/Tibi were thought of in that light). Bottom line, designers are artists and their clothing is not to be copied and then re-sold at a fraction of the price. Bravo, Forever21 for working with someone to come up with a concept that is unique to your store and will bring a high powered fashion name to your shoppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment