Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fall 2010 Couture Collections



It is kind of fitting the Couture Collections are shown around the time of my favorite holiday - 4th of July - as they too are a spectacle and celebration. Both the holiday and the runway collections create a wild build up in your imagination that leave you exhilarated after a show of lights, beauty and of course, an amazing finale. Of the shows thus far there is one that takes the fashion cake, and it is none other than Karl Lagerfeld's Chanel collection. Taking place at the Grand Palais, the show featured ornate and ethereal pieces, so detailed in their construction, color, fit, and style, I felt like I could reach out and touch them (even though I was just watching the shows on Style.com).

Much like it was no surprise that the front row was filled with the ever so fashionable likes of Leighton Meester, Milla Jovovich, and Natalia Vodianova (which, begs the question: do I like watching her walk the shows? Or, sit front row looking as glamorous in her "street clothes"? Something I will ponder in another post I am sure!), Karlie Kloss was my favorite model and wore my favorite pieces of the collection. It was not just the top and boots in a floral pattern (created by multi-colored sequins no less) but the chain link bracelets that mixed the edgy with the elegant that stole my heart and had me hoping H&M would start knocking these items off pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment