Friday, July 9, 2010

Dita Von Teases for Jean Paul Gaultier


The Fall 2010 Couture Collections are "so Haute right now," so bare with me as I post yet another blog about them. This go round, however, I will be tackling the lack of clothing on the runway at Jean Paul Gaultier's show.

Now, I know he is partnering with La Perla come Fall, but there is something to me that says "stripper" when I see his lingerie walking down the Cat Walk on Dita Von Teese. While I respect her for embracing her pin-up body type (and do not get me wrong, the woman is a looker) I just feel this is out of place when you have Anna Wintour and Grace Coddington sitting front row. I know these Vogue icons have done and seen it all, but isn't there a time and place for strutting down a runway half naked, only to take off some of the little amount of clothing you have on? Clearly Dita exudes a sex appeal people will pay boat loads to see, and I know that these shows are all about the drama, but I must say, I feel this is a little too "Dita Does Dallas" than say "Dita's Fashion Day In The Sun."

The above opinion may only be true in my head, but I am just saying, had this show been backed by the likes of "You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC you may all be seeing where I am coming from...

No comments:

Post a Comment