Monday, July 12, 2010

Fashion Weeks in the Air


With the end of Berlin Fashion Week yesterday and the closing of the Couture Shows last week, I cannot help but think forward to a Fashion Week on American soil. In less than two months we will witness the collections our favorite American designers have been working on throughout the past few months. Be sure to check out coverage on AJsStyleBubble beginning September 9th through 16th. Let the countdown begin!


Now, back to Berlin for the time being. I am none to sure if it's Lady Gaga who has everyone up in arms over masks, or if it is the new form of sun protection, but either way, the German Cat Walk had a lot of faces covered up. While I get that these masks are works of art, I cannot help but be distracted by them. For me, when I see a gorgeous Amazon Woman model walking down the runway, I want to be able to focus on the movement of the clothing and the detail of the design. However, when the models faces are covered with tulle, lace, feathers and other unconventional materials, I am by no means looking at the attire on their bodies, but rather the obstruction covering their faces. Now I know Halloween is my least favorite Holiday, and the idea of a theme party has my stomach in knots, but I doubt if I am the only one who feels these masks on the runway or more reminiscent of Costume Party Gone Wrong than Spring 2011 Trends. Thoughts, questions, comments concerns....

No comments:

Post a Comment