Friday, July 16, 2010

Oh Gwyneth. Gwynny Wynny. Gwyn-A-Rin-Tin. How gorgeous and fabulous you are on the cover of August's VOGUE that hit news stands this week. I have trouble with our dear old pal Gwyneth because whilst I think she is breathtakingly beautiful, I think she seems kind of like an arse (she lives part time in London, I am allowed to use British slag). Either an arse, or someone who really doesn't care what other people think of her. Let's examine, for if it is the latter, I think I would not only like, but love, Gwyneth.

Have you ever looked at her website GOOP? I am not too sure what to think of it (much like I am not too sure what to think of the creator). Sometimes it is thought provoking and endearing, and other times it is all, "Have you never been to Paris? If not jump on a plane (first class of course) and get to La Brassiere de Something Super Expensive and have their quail egg cavier..." Blah, blah, blah. While I am reading some of this stuff I literally see dollar signs flashing in my head and she speaks of it like I do about cleaning the toilet... Like you are crazy if you don't do it once a week, and it must happen. And then there are times, like this month, where she touches things that are near and dear to my heart like the City of San Francisco. Now of course the places she is recommending people to go to while in the City By The Bay are top notch, expensive, and high class, it doesn't bother me because I know of them.

So, perhaps it is me. Perhaps, if I had Gwyneth's life I too would write about the lifestyles of the rich and the famous and how everyone who reads my blog should do what I do, wear what I wear, eat what I eat, without a care in the world. The Huffington Post reported last year that Paltrow says she decided to launch the Web site, which carries the tagline, "Nourish The Inner Aspect," "because I felt like I had a lot of really useful information that I was privileged enough to get, because I have this amazing, super, fortunate life."

Thank you, dear readers (all 4 of you), for listening to my internal debate about Mrs. Chris Martin. I think after typing out my aggression I have come to a conclusion. I like her, I like her a lot. And she is still really, really pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment