Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It Might Get Red Hot

Karen Elson and Jack White may be one of my favorite couples. I guess I didn't really "get" Jack White until I saw the documentary he's in called "It Might Get Loud." Since then, I have been incredibly drawn to his music, seriously LOVE The Deadweather, and his wife's. Karen just came out with her first solo CD, and what I have been able to listen to illegally/without payment has been pretty good. The first single and the album are titled the Ghost Who Walks and both seem very mystical and eclectic in sound. I suggest having a listen, if you have not done so already.

The title, The Ghost Who Walks, comes form her childhood when she was called a ghost by her classmates due to her fair skin. I would like to see these poor saps now. Karen is not only using their torments to launch a music career, but she is also married to one of the most influential musicians of this day and age. I am hoping this means one day I too will be able to make a record, perhaps I will title it The Moron Who Has the Last Laugh.

In addition to the new CD and an insanely talented husband, Karen also stars in the Fall 2010 ad campaign for Louis Vuitton alongside Natalia Vodianova and Christy Turlington. I would say the ghost isn't just walking through life, but rather taking leaps and bounds above the rest.

And if I may add, since I love a Nor Cal girl and the wife of one Ed Burns, Christy Turlington has never looked better.

No comments:

Post a Comment