Friday, July 9, 2010

The King's Jerseys


Unless you have been hiding under a rock, you know that LeBron James has gone to the Miami Heat. I know this is rather big news in the sports world, but lets go ahead and step back from all that drama and take note of one thing: "The King" is going to be wearing essentially the same colored jerseys.

I am sure this topic seems a wee bit out of the ordinary when it comes to the "issue" of Mr. James leaving Cleveland for South Beach, but for a fashionista like myself, it was the second thing that came into my head (the first being, man I wish I cared more about basketball. When does football start again?).

Let's look at the facts:

Miami Heat colors: black, deep red, white and gold

Cleveland Cavaliers colors: navy, wine, white and gold

So let's all agree "deep red" and "wine" are the same color (because they are) and go with the black and navy blue comparison. I know I am pretty much blind, but from the nose bleed section (where I would sit if I ever attended an NBA game) I am sure these two colors look the exact same. When you are Leonardo DiCaprio and Zac Efron and you sit front row at Staples Center, I am not sure how the two compare; but guess what, I never will know so I am not even addressing that issue!

I must give a big round of applause to The King, as I think these colors suit his complexion nicely and he must know his skin tone well enough to know that he looks best dunking over the other players on the court in the color combo listed above. Congrats LeBron! You have a new city, a new team, and a new jersey that will still make you look even more the (very tall) handsome devil you are.

But seriously, when does football start?

2 comments:

  1. OK, interesting post about the jerseys but, AJ, what do you think about how LeBron handled the whole free agency situation? Should he have had a one-hour special on ESPN? Should Cavs fans be so pissed? Was it OK for Dan Gilbert to publicly bash LeBron minutes after the announcement? Just curious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Matthew this article pretty much sums it up for me. While I do think LeBron is a complete narcissist, I also think Dan Gilbert gave way to said character flaw. All in all, business is business. Oh, and I don't mind staring, I mean looking, at D Wade and LeBron playing side by side.... Ya know, for aesthetic purposes :)

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/10/sports/basketball/10rhoden.html

    ReplyDelete