Monday, August 9, 2010

Teen Choice Awards


I remember when I was little that this award show was a really big deal. I loved the performances, the slime, the movies that were being "awarded." Pretty much everything about this television extravaganza excited me. However, I will never forget the horrendous performance by one Britney Spears about 10 years ago where she had just had "enhancements" and therefore could not dance (she is always lip syncing so she couldn't sing either, but that's a whole different ball of wax). Since then, I don't think I have paid much attention to that show or Nickelodeon in general.

All of that being said I am a big fan of giving credit where credit is due and I think Selena Gomez looked darling in a white BCBG dress. That's right, she wore BCBG! She didn't run around in Jason Wu, Jenny Packham, Victoria Beckham or any other insanely expensive designer like the other tweens, instead, she picked something that was age and cost appropriate! I thank her for attempting to teach our youth you do not need to be dripping in diamonds and couture to be fashionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment