Tuesday, November 30, 2010

InStyle Launches StyleFind.com

It seems InStyle is the latest fashion authority to create a multi retailer/brand site where shoppers can create personal portfolios that enables the site to send emails and updates of products they feel the consumer will be drawn to. Much like ShopStyle and Google's Boutique.com, InStyle will get a profit from sales when it has been referred from StyleFind.com.

If I am being completely honest I kind of feel like this is old news, ya know? I bet there is more room for companies to make money based on this business model, but from the point of view of the consumer, I just don't really get it... There are so many sites just like this that I feel it is over saturated... Maybe I am the only one, or maybe I work above one of the best department stores in California and therefore am jaded, but I am holding firm to the idea that we simply do not need another site like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment