Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Country Strong

So I have mixed feelings about Gwenyth. I don't know for sure but I think I covered this topic somewhere else in my blog in the previous months. I mean, I think she is alright, but I don't really think she is an alright choice for the ELLE September Issue cover. I mean, she looks great, and the cover itself is fine, but I feel like ELLE could have gone with a more "fashiony" choice, ya know? Like, I totally get she has been all over the map this year. Cook book: check. Starring in a movie with the hottest fake country singer: completed. Sing and dance on a hit TV show: done and done. Look pretty in a sparkly sheath at the Oscars: well, duh! But I feel as though someone like Rachel Zoe or Rosie Huntington-Whitely would have been better choices. Women in fashion who had spectacular years.

I don't know, call me crazy but I just feel like someone else could have graced the cover. And it could be my ambivalence towards Mrs. Chris Martin, but I do like her, I just don't love her for this cover... No? Too strong an opinion about my least favorite fashion magazine? Probably. Sigh, back to the other issues...

No comments:

Post a Comment