Wednesday, September 8, 2010

W's New Look

It seems the new W is here to stay; and if I am being frank I feel "eh" about this fact. When I received my September issue in the mail I was very underwhelmed with the look and feel of the magazine. Particularly about the "Who, What, Where, and Why" (or something to that effect) lining the top of the cover. Those words seem so elementary to me, and being that W has always been my favorite magazine subscription (others I have include but are not limited to Bazaar, InStyle, Marie Claire*,Vogue, Lucky, and Elle) I just feel betrayed. I know there is a new Editor in Chief and from what I have read this new look is to show off the importance of their photography, but still, I think it is a little vanilla/medium/asi asi. I will wait until October lands in my mail box before I make a definitive judgment.

*Now I starred Marie Claire above because I have a question. Is anyone watching Project Runway, and if so have they noticed the way Heidi says Marie Claire? Am I crazy or does she pretty much say it and it sounds like "Mary?" I mean... I know she is German but I feel like all these years have gone by and no one has told me I have been pronouncing the magazine's name wrong. Also, speaking of MC how much better is it now that Nina is on board?

No comments:

Post a Comment