Thursday, September 9, 2010

New Barney's Ad


So... ummm, yeah. I am kind of speechless by this image, and not in a good way. I feel like if I saw this as a small child I would always associate Barney's in a negative way, which I hope crossed the retailers mind as they approved this and then sent it to print. I mean, do they not have some sort of Don Draper-esque Creative Director who can help them out in situations like this? Big/nasty skeleton grabbing a cute girl in a plaid dress? What? Someone actually thought this would bring people into Barney's to spend money? And with the way Barney's rolls, boat loads of money. I will be honest, the only thing this advertisement makes me want to do is run home, get under my covers, and cry myself to sleep in hopes no one that looks like that ever attacks me from behind. This may give me more nightmares than the criminals Benson and Stabler deal with on SVU.

No comments:

Post a Comment