Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tis the Season... To Avoid The Ugly Xmas Sweater Party

So I am going to make this easy; I despise Ugly Christmas Sweater Parties. I think the are lame, unoriginal and uncomfortable. First and foremost let's get something straight, anything with ugly in the title, just seems silly to me. It is a hateful word, and it means that someone who made this sweater (or wore it before you got it at Good Will) has ugly taste? Or that anyone - your 88 year old grandmother let's say - wears ugly things? Plus, is the Holiday Season about ugliness? No, it is time to celebrate, be thankful for the year that is passing and hopeful for the one about to begin. It is also about being around loved ones, having amazing food, giving presents and hopefully (if you're with me) drinking massive amounts of champagne! How on earth am I to sip bubbles wearing something like the above photo? This is a trick question as there is no answer because I would never be drinking my favorite champagne out of my new flutes with flamingo's on my chest.

Sorry for the rant, but I have really strong feelings about this alleged theme. Why not have a Sparkly Christmas Party? Or a Dazzling Christmas Party? Should we not all be wearing something gorgeous to ring in the new year and praise the yule tide? For me the answer is plain and simple; boycott the Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. Or, if you have to attend one, wear the prettiest thing you've got hanging in your closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment